Monday, November 14, 2011

John's Post Trip Thoughts (by John G.)


Nothing is easy when it is worth doing.

I got what I wanted from the trip to Guatemala:
 > a better understanding of my inner strengths, feelings and weaknesses

     o inner strengths
         - A deeper desire to help those that can not help themselves - children and adults
         - A deeper understanding of what giving is and how it is accomplished  - smiles and a simple nod
   



  o feelings 
         - One of happiness and being fortunate to participate with children and adults within members of the group
           as well as the residents of the country
         - One of sadness that I could not assist more - mentally, physically and financially


     o weaknesses 
         - emotional feelings that are hard to share with others become easy to share, exhibit and express 
         - physical capabilities that need to be in check and egos parked

Togetherness and team work and working with others in harmony.


Personal sense of accomplishment through group effort and leveraging other participants.


Children faces and loving smiles that want to learn but are handicapped by the financial limitations and lack of outside help. 
THE STEPS ARE SIMPLE: 
1)  I WAS NOT ASKED TO DO MORE THAN I COULD DO - PHYSICALLY AND/OR FINANCIALLY. 
2)  I WAS MADE AWARE OF THE NEEDS.
3)  I WAS ASKED TO PARTICIPATE,
4)  I ACCEPTED - NO STRINGS OR SURPRISES
5)  I PARTICIPATED
6)  I REAPED ALL THE BENEFITS
    --- GAVE A LITTLE BACK TO  THE WORLD I LIVE IN AND TAKE FOR GRANTED DAILY













No comments:

Post a Comment